The days of ugly red brick are over.
It’s 2019, and chances are if you’re reading this then you’re probably ready to do away with that old fireplace brick that’s making your house feel dated. Luckily, it’s easier (and cheaper!) than ever to transform your fireplace, instantly making it feel fresh and modern. Here’s our list of the top 5 brick paint products of 2019:
Best Standard White Paint: Sherwin Williams Duration Home Interior Acrylic Latex Paint w/Matte Finish
- Both paint and primer
- No discoloration or roller marks
- Moisture and stain resistant
Best for a Natural Look: Brick-Anew Fireplace Paint Kit
- Keeps natural look, feel, and texture of brick
- Comes with all required tools, supplies, and tutorial video
- Works on previously painted fireplaces
- Very expensive
Best for Whitewashing: Giani Brick Transformations Paint Kit
- Includes all required tools and supplies
- Affordable price
- Results vary depending on paint/water ratio
Best for Limewashing: Romabio Classico Limewash Paint
- Breathable (no condensation in damp conditions)
- Environmentally friendly (toxin-free)
- Absorbs odors
- Naturally bacteria-resistant and hypoallergenic
- Can’t be used on previously painted surfaces
- Matching color of separate batches is very difficult
Check out our post on Romabio Limewash for a more in depth review!
Best Firebox Paint: Rutland Black Hi-Temp Paint
- Heat-resistant to prevent chipping/peeling
- Harsh fumes last for about 24 hours after painting
Have you had a positive experience with a different brick painting product? Let us know if we’ve missed something in the comments below!
Not sure which painting method is right for your fireplace? Read our Ultimate Guide To Fireplace Painting to learn more.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Eric Hangartner is an overall creative with a flair for spatial and color design. Eric has always loved the idea of the fireplace makeover and how much can be done to improve the look of the home. Eric Graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Graphic Design and Video Production.